Chalk cliffs - Königsstuhl and Wissower Klinken - the white Rocks at the Baltic Sea
Chalk cliffs in Jasmund National Park - they are famous landmarks and belong to the most popular tourist attractions of the Rugen Island in Northern Germany.
|Königsstuhl at Rugen Island is one of the most famous chalk cliffs in Germany and the most visited point in the Jasmund National Park
Since 1990 that wild fascinating coast on the Baltic Sea with rugged white chalk cliffs (up to 161m high) and undisturbed beech woods on top has been protected in Jasmund National Park. Already the Romantic painter Caspar David Friedrich was attracted by the best known cliffs, the Wissower Klinken which offer together with the Königsstuhl (King's seat) an imposing view.
Hiking, cruising, horse riding and cycling are much loved options to explore the almost pristine nature of the Jasmund National Park, a picturesque place perfect for relaxing vacation everybody should have seen.
Jasmund National Park - sights, day trips, activities, attractions and highlights
- Day trip to the Chalk cliffs Königsstuhl: take the shuttle bus from Hagen car park or just walk the nice 3km hiking trail passing lake Herthasee through the Stubnitz beech forest. From top of Königsstuhl lots of wooden stairs lead down to the beach
- Chalk cliffs Wissower Klinken can be reached by walking along the chalk coast starting in Sassnitz or you come from the other direction, from Königsstuhl
|Sassnitz harbor near to Jasmund National Park where you can find the chalk cliffs of Germany
- Day trip to Sassnitz: visit Sassnitz and see its pretty fishing harbour. Sassnitz is a good starting point for cruises to the chalk cliffs of Stubbenkammer or for coastal walks along the chalk cliffs
- Jasmund National Park centre Königsstuhl: it's not only a holiday highlight for kids but for the whole family. From multi-vision-cinema to an adventure course for balancing and climbing, get insights into the National Park's flora, fauna & prehistory - it's worth a visit!
- National Park Jasmund offers a wide range of guided tours but it's also perfect on your own though biking, walking and riding trails to the viewpoints (like Viktoria Sicht) on top of the cliffs are signed well