Attractions of Munich - more than Oktoberfest and Hofbrauhaus
Attractions Munich: Church Frauenkirche with twin spires towering 99 meters above the city
Munich - one of Europe's most prosperous and expensive cities was founded in 1158 by Henry the Lion and is packed with lots of attractions. Since 1806 Munich (München in German) is the capital of Bavaria and important center of banking, media and high-powered industry like BMW. It is home to world-class art museums, a lively cultural scene, boisterous nightlife and of course Oktoberfest.
Famous landmark an one of the attractions in Munich is the Frauenkirche 'Church of Our Lady' with its twin spires - from here many attractions are easy reachable: the Marienplatz, the Residence, which is packed with museums and theaters or Odeonsplatz with the Church Theatinerkirche. To the east of Marienplatz is the Platzl quarter with its traditional pubs and some of the best restaurants in town.
Read about attractions in Munich Germany and those, which are just day trips away
One of the things to do in Munich Germany is visiting the Konigsplatz. It is a nice place for taking pictures.
- Go to the Marienplatz, the historical main square in Munich Germany. It is dominated by the neo-Gothic New Town Hall which presents the Glockenspiel, one of the largest carillons in Europe!
The Nymphenburg Palace is located in the western part of Munich city.
- Your stay wouln't be complete without stepping by at the popular Viktualienmarkt, one of Germany’s liveliest food markets with a great flair. Nowhere else in Munich you find a greater variety and exclusiveness of fresh food and delicacies.
- Visit Nymphenburg Palace, that large baroque palace was the summer residence of the Bavarian monarchs. Don't miss the Botanical Garden in the lovely park.
- The world's most famous beer hall Hofbrauhaus started already in 1644 and lives up to its reputation: great beer, traditional food and oompah music, 7 days a week.
Munich Germany is 1.5 hours away from Berchtesgaden NP
- Munich attractions with kids: Just go next to Odeonsplatz into the Hofgarten, a pretty park with nice beer gardens and a children's place or stroll through 'English Garden' which is stretching over 5km along the Isar River.
- Just next to Odeonsplatz is the Hofgarten, a pretty park with one of the nice beer gardens and a children's place.
Day trips Munich Germany: it is just 1,5 hours away from the Bavarian Alps - so why not spending some days in the mountains of Berchtesgaden National Park? It's perfect for all outdoor activities and provides excellent ski resorts in winter time!
Distance Munich to Neuschwanstein Castle is 1.5 hours. Trains go from central station to Fussen.
The famous Neuschwanstein Castle is only 1.5 hours away and one of the great attractions around Munich. When you're planning this day trip don't forget to visit Fussen, the nice little town near Neuschwanstein Castle. You can use the train to get there from Munich Germany.
More information on Munich